The terms homeopath, homeopathy and homeopathic are interrelated. They are distinct from holistic as well as from natural, organic, scientific and all those other nice, general, non-loaded terms.
Homeopathy means same suffering. As such it is based on the premise that “a substance that causes the symptoms of a disease in healthy people will [often in a diluted form] cure similar symptoms in sick people” (cf. Wikipedia).
George Vithoulkas, who revived homeopathy, studied solely at the Indian Institute of Homeopathy (which has no website but only a sketchy Facebook page) in 1966 then practiced in his native Greece, rising to fame.
Obviously the New Age Movement is rooted in religious syncretism, and certainly George Vithoulkas’s bibliography reflects a New Age / Communist overtone:
- Homeopathy: Medicine of the New Man (New York: Arco, 1979)
- The Science of Homeopathy (New York: Grove Press, 1980)
- A New Model for Health and Disease (North Atlantic Books, 1992)
- Homeopathy: Medicine for the New Millennium (IACH, 2000)
- Materia Medica Viva (IACH, 2000- ) 12 volumes completed to date, 16 planned